Developmental Therapy (DT) is a developmental disability service that includes individually designed instruction, training, or functional developmental intervention activities based on the assessment of and unique strengths and needs of the child, youth and family or adult.
Developmental Therapy services include:
· Personal Assistance (YP020): Personal assistance is a support service which provides aid to a client so that the client can engage in activities and interactions from which the client would otherwise be limited or excluded because of his/her disability or disabilities. The assistance includes:
1. Assistance in personal or regular living activities in the clients home
2. Support in skill development
3. Support and accompaniment of the client in regular community activities or in specialized treatment, habilitation service programs.
· Respite- Hourly (YP010/011): Hourly Respite services include non-treatment, non-habilitation support services provided to a client in order to provide temporary or occasional relief for regular care givers.